Managing Director and Founder
Mr. Sthembiso Mkhize has a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from Natal University (now UKZN). He successfully completed a Manager Training Program of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy in Germany through TUV Rheinland Akademie GmbH. Sthembiso has also worked in a highly paced, customer-service oriented profession at blue-chip companies for more than 15 years. His experience includes:
- Process Engineering, Process Design and Plant Commissioning.
- Plant Operation, Troubleshooting and Process Optimization.
- Market, and Process Integration
- Product Development, Sales and Marketing
- Business Administration and Foreign Economic Cooperation
- Plant Audits, Mineral Processing & Cement Process Technology
Sthembiso is the founder of Afro-Zonke Chemicals and the entire Group. He played a critical role in the development of various products, process, and establishment of the Group and it’s subsidiaries.
Mbongeni holds MSc in Chemical Engineering from University of Witwatersrand, Honors degree in Chemical Engineering: Applied Science in Environmental Technology from University of Pretoria, and Bachelor of commerce in Economics obtained from University of South Africa. He is also a certified professional (PR 201670265) with Engineering Council of South Africa. He has served as Advisory Board Member of the Department of Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering at Tshwane University of Technology since February 2019. In his over twelve (12) years of combined experience, he has worked in his formative years for blue chip companies, among others in the coating industry, Chemical manufacturing, Power Generation and water treatment plants, plant design, and Research and Development industries. His experience includes:
Strategic business support and advisory,
- Process Engineering, Process Design and Plant Commissioning
- Plant Optimisation and Plant Operation
- Research and development and technology demonstrations.
- SMMEs technical supports
- Strategy development.
- Stakeholder management
Mbongeni currently heads Afro-Zonke’s technical and operations departments focusing on developing and improving operational processes and policies. He manages activities that are part of the production and also plays a significant role in long-term planning and gearing towards operational excellence.